Google Analytics Code

Monday, November 24, 2008

Symbols from Our Past

I'm a sucker for nostalgia - and I love The Wizard of Oz nearly as much as Roman Holiday and Sound of Music. That's why this new ad from Pillsbury will send me shopping to ensure there are plenty of Pillsbury crescent rolls on the Thanksgiving dinner table. The Pillsbury ad is posted on the WSJ online website. Click the link to view.

The moment I saw the first clicking of heels three times, I thought - there's no place like home. A few seconds later, I was clicking my heels and eagerly awaiting the message built upon this symbol from our past. Home is calling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw this commercial about a week ago and wasn't paying attention to the commercials until I saw the clicking of the heels together. It was intriguing and I was curious where they were going with the message so I watched more intently. Sometimes advertisers get me interested in the beginning of a commercial only to set me up for the let down when their ad doesn't make any sense at all. So thank you Pillsbury for reminding everyone that sometimes simple is better. Everyone can use a little "blast from the past"!